2-4 months before
· Order your wedding favors
· Shop for your wedding bands
· Find out about your state’s marriage license procedures
· Reserve or purchase the tuxedos for the groom and groomsmen
· If required by your state, get a blood test
· Finalize your wedding reception menu with your caterer
· Order you wedding cake
· Contact your ceremony site about your ceremony music
· Make arrangements about your reception music (DJ or band)
· Organize the rehearsal dinner
· Reserve tables and other necessary items with a party rental company
1-2 months before
· Run a complete test of your wedding makeup and hairdo. Invite some friends with you.
· Mail or deliver the wedding invitations
1-3 weeks before
· Complete the final seating chart for the wedding reception
· Contact photographer with the details of the ceremony and reception sites
· Provide your reception venue with a final head count based on the RSVPs received
· If necessary, make final adjustments to your wedding gown
· Facials should be booked for the bride, groom and bridesmaids
· Get your luggage ready for the honeymoon
· Your bridesmaid or a reliable friend should make sure the following items are promptly delivered: Toasting glasses, Band-Aids, Nail clippers, Cake knife, Emergency sewing kit
· Most importantly, relax. This is supposed to be a fun experience.
· You are about to experience one of the best days of your life.
· Welcome your out-of-town guests
· To help you relax, do some light physical exercise
· Have your hairstylist and makeup artist do their magic on you
· Keep smiling, it’s your special day!